Thursday, January 19, 2012

Homemade Soft Scrub

 Talking to a friend a few weeks ago, she mentioned that she makes her own soft scrub.  I thought "Why not?"  So I googled it.  (Sisters, Google is AWESOME!)  I would suggest that you have some sort of a filter on your computer before you start searching because you never know if you'll get something off color, but for the most part you can find all kinds of things.  I will often times just type in the question that I have i.e. How to make soft scrub.  And miraculously something pops up 99% of the time.  You'd be surprised what is on the internet and will save you time so that you don't have to figure it out on your own. Anyway. Back to soft scrub.
My 3 day old soft scrub baking soda and blue dawn

Here is the link to the blog I found.  (Click here).   I tried her recipe about 1/2 c. baking soda and enough dish detergent to make it the consistency of frosting, and the results have been amazing!  (You can add essential oils if you want a scent, but you don't need to).  I have used it on my glass top stove, sinks, tubs, toilets, tile, counters etc, and everything has come back really shiny.  If you want to save on cleaners.  This is a great way to go because it is made with ingredients that are already in your house and a little goes a LONG way!

My sink 3 days after cleaning  (And yes it gets used a LOT)

No comments:

Post a Comment