Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bring Light into the Dark

If you are like me, you have flashlights, but can't always find them or their batteries.  So when the lights go off, you are rushing around trying to figure out where you put everything.  Even my little stash of "hidden" flashlights gets raided by either my hubby or the kids and then I can't find anything.

Here is an idea that Sister Mitchell passed on from her mother-in-law.  If you have solar lights that you use for outside lighting around your drive way, deck, or flower bed etc.  You can place them in a drink bottle (20 oz, liter, or 2 liter) and then bring them inside to light up a room.  It will light up for hours and then you just put it outside to recharge again before you need it.  If you are worried about your bottle tipping over, you can place marbles or sand into the bottom and that should do the trick.

I thought that was a great idea and thought I would share!  If you already have flashlights and batteries, make sure that you 1. know where they are, and 2. test them every couple of months to make sure they still have enough juice to stay lit!

No comments:

Post a Comment