Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Homemade Window Cleaner

I have heard a lot from people lately about using vinegar as a cleaning agent.  I was running out of my windex, and I thought I would find out from my friend google another way of cleaning windows and here is what I found.

Mix:
2 cups water
3 TBS vinegar
1/2 tsp dish detergent (liquid)

click here for the original site (they have 5 other recipe variations)


I placed it in my now empty windex bottle and it has worked well. I have to use a little bit more elbow work, but all in all it does a great job. I have also used it on my appliances and it cleaned stainless steel pretty well.  I used it on my bathroom counters and sinks and it does a great job.  So far I like it for a quick wipe down clean job.  Have you found anything that you like and want to share?  E-mail me and I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.


***For a good shine on mirrors, windows etc.  Use old newspaper or used telephone books.  I have been using my columbia flyer for this purpose. Unfortunately there aren't always enough pages.  If anyone has old phone books or old newspapers that they usually recycle, I would love to take some off your hands to add to my cleaning stash.  



No comments:

Post a Comment